Last week, Primus had the privilege of attending the grand opening of Lineage Logistics’ newest cold storage building in North Charleston, SC. The Lineage leadership team put together a program featuring speeches by local officials and tours of the facility followed by a festive reception.
Primus provided design-build services on Phase 1 of this 340,000 SF project. Phase 1 totaled 180,000 SF and features:
- Convertible freezers with temperatures ranging from -10°F to 35°F
- High-capacity blast freezing
- Shipping, receiving and rail/cross docks maintained at 35°F
- 30 dock doors and 4 rail doors
- Battery charging room
- Maintenance shop
- USDA inspection room
- Employee welfare and office areas
The warehouse is located in Palmetto Commerce Park and has rail access (it is served by Norfolk Southern Railway) as well as immediate access to the Port of Charleston.
For more photos, see the Primus facebook page.