Americold Logistics, home to the largest temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics network in the United States, selected Primus Builders to provide design-build services for a warehouse expansion and addition to their facility in Indianapolis, Indiana. This temperature-controlled, central ammonia refrigeration facility is the sixth of nine projects Primus has completed for Americold. Highlights include:
- Rack supported, 116’ high-rise automated storage/retrieval system (AS/RS)
- 20,000 pallet storage capability housed within a 72,000 SF building envelope
- Additional 25,000 SF of office and dock areas.
- Temperature appropriate building materials to serve a convertible facility that houses products ranging from -10° to +35°
- Sustainable features including variable-frequency drives (VFDs—desirable for their reduced energy consumption), high-efficiency motors and LED lighting.