Primus is providing design-build-automate services on this 229,000 SF cold storage distribution facility. It features significant automation components. The automation workflow includes:
- Automatic order fulfillment of freezer case product picked via robotics for pallet building for retail in store aisle delivery. This system helps to eliminate multiple handlings of case products and minimizes stress on worked to keep store shelves stocked.
- Full pallets received and stored in an eight crane ASRS rack supported facility with ~30,700 pallet positions.
- Pallets retrieved from the ASRS and delivered via powered roller conveyor systems to nine automatic robot delayering stations to remove cases.
- Cases “waterfall” onto trays for transport into a case shuttle system for order fulfillment.
- The Dematic Multishuttle® stores, buffers and sequences products between bulk stock and other functions such as picking and order assembly. The system offers exceptionally high throughput rates; high-density storage; modular flexibility; and is efficient, accurate and reliable.
- Finished pallets are delivered automatically to a two-crane ASRS Pack and Hold system with a 680 pallet position rack system for outbound transport on trailers for delivery at retail stores.